Notes On The 4th Spatial Dimension


Basic Concepts of the Fourth Spatial Dimension

This section is a quick summary of concepts that are almost a pre-requisite before you venture yourself into more advanced topics. Some of the things covered here will be discussed with more detail on future articles.
Note #1: If you're new to the 4th spatial dimension, I suggest watching Carl Sagan's video first for a quick introduction. Note #2: For easier understanding, the 2d world described in this particular topic is similar to the one in Carl Sagan's explanation (it has no height - it is similar, for example, to the world in a 2d console RPG). However, for future topics, I'll refer to the 2d world as a world where it's only possible to move up, down, forward and backwards (similar to a 2d platform game).

The 2d World



4d Entities



4d Objects and Movement



Point of View of a 4d entity



4d Boundaries / Walls



Drawing in a 4d World



Light and Shadows in a 4d World


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I made contact with a 4D entity.

Unknown said...

This is really interesting, congratulations!
If we could move through the 4D space (with technology), we would be able to travel really fast across our 3D space! That would be a good approach for teletransportation.
Also, we are able to see "parts" of 4D entities, i'm sure there are some real cases out there, but we can not interact with them.
If we find a way to move across the 4D space, then we can consider that we evolved from a 3D entity to a 4D one.
The hard part is... how can we "draw", "construct" or occupy a part of the 4D space?
If we would be able to construct inside a 4D space, then we would be able to trap 4D entities and the would consider us more clever than them, at least, if they still didn't achieve to access the 5th dimension :)

Unknown said...

We just need to imagine how a 2D entity could construct technology to move through a 3D space, then reproduce that technology to let us move between the 4th dimension.

Anonymous again said...

This is the earlier commenter. I have been studying and trying to open myself up to them for a while now. One night I was laying in bed, and something calm and peaceful took over me. I was not asleep or in a dream state whatsoever. Completely lucid. I heard an intelligent tapping at the end of my mattress. There were no animals in my room, I was alone. I have never heard it since then. I tapped back on the mattress, I did a little melody. A few seconds later I heard the same exact melody and timing tapped back to me. This time it was coming closer towards the head of the bed, but it sounded like it was right next to me. I did not feel scared, I knew there was no reason to be. This went on for about 20 minutes. I would tap, it would tap back my same melody. Over and over and over. It was incredible. I will never forget that night.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2008-2009 Tesseroid